Saturday, August 2, 2014

Following The Plan

The Importance of Following The Plan

This week, I learned the importance of giving complete trust to the experts who tell you how to eat and work out properly. When I first started this sponsorship experience, I trusted and respected the expertise of Kristen and Sam. However, I was a little nervous about placing my diet and exercise plans in their hands because I had never worked with a company like ENP before.


As I continue on this journey, I have learned that Kristen and Sam are more than worthy of any client’s complete trust in their diet and exercise plans. In the past three weeks, my diet changes have given me more energy, helped me avoid “bonking out” during my workouts, and made me feel healthier overall.


However, when the plan is not followed properly, complications sometimes arise. Even though I’ve only changed my diet for three weeks, I notice that any deviation from the plan (eating foods with more sugar, fat, caffeine, etc. than I am now accustomed to) causes an immediate change in the way I feel. When I eat foods that are more processed or have added sugar, I have noticed that I now feel sluggish and sick to my stomach, which serves as further motivation to stick to my diet plan.

Example: The Chick-Fil-A Chicken Mini


Last Friday, my Dad went to Chick-Fil-A (formerly one of my favorite fast food restaurants) for breakfast and picked up Chicken Minis (formerly one of my favorite fast food breakfast items). As I previously mentioned, I used to believe that God himself had personally placed Chicken Minis on this earth for the enjoyment of Chick-Fil-A lovers nationwide. So, when I saw the Chicken Minis on the kitchen table, I decided to try one, thinking that just one wouldn’t hurt.

I was wrong.


That single Chicken Mini promptly ripped itself through my system like a chainsaw down a waterslide. Not fun at all. At that moment, Chick-Fil-A and Chicken Minis were off my list for good and I decided that sticking to my plan would be the best option for my new lifestyle. It really is a win-win to eat healthier foods and feel better overall.


No hard feelings Chick-Fil-A, I’m hoping this will be a civilized breakup.




No comments:

Post a Comment